The Only All-in-One Meeting Room Solution
Crestron® Mercury™ transforms your meeting rooms into highly effective collaboration spaces. Combining all the must-have conferencing features in one easy to use device, Mercury enables people to work together and share content irrespective of location. Exceptional full-duplex audio and optional HD video afford a gratifying and productive meeting experience for all participants. Integrated room scheduling and corporate directory access help to maximize efficiency. Mercury is secure, easy to deploy, easy to manage, and protects your investment by providing room usage data as part of a complete managed enterprise.
Voice Calling & Audio Conferencing
- Mercury is a full-featured VoIP conferencing speakerphone that’s fully compatible with major SIP-compliant phone systems. Its advanced design provides highly-intelligible, full-duplex communication for every participant around a conference table. Dialing and answering calls is easy and intuitive using the large HD color touch screen. Corporate directory access (LDAP) enables one-touch dialing from the customer’s centrally managed directory.
- Pair Mercury with any mobile phone using Bluetooth:registered: to make calls or join a call in progress. Mercury instantly transforms a personal phone call into a whole-room audio conference with clear, echo-free audio and the ability to start and stop a call, adjust volume, mute, and display caller ID on Mercury’s touch screen. Bluetooth-enabled phones appear automatically on the touch screen, enabling instant connectivity with the press of a button.
- Connect a laptop computer via USB to enable enhanced audio performance for any softphone application running on the laptop.
- Mute the microphone by simply tapping the mute bar on top of the Mercury device. Its extra-bright, bi-color indicator bar ensures that the mic and mute status are clearly visible to the whole room.
BYOD Multimedia Presentation
- Connecting an HD display device to Mercury’s HDMI:registered: output enables the presentation of all types of multimedia from BYOD sources with ease.
- Its built-in AirMedia:registered: gateway allows the wireless presentation of content from a laptop, smartphone, or tablet device via the room’s Wi-Fi:registered: wireless network. Wired LAN connections are also supported.[1,2]
- Any AV source can be plugged in via HDMI to present full-motion HD 1080p60 video on the room display, with high-fidelity audio playing through Mercury’s high-powered speaker.
- Mercury behaves like any USB Audio device, enabling use as a speaker and/or microphone for all types of multimedia applications running on a laptop computer.
Videoconferencing & Web Collaboration
- Mercury can turn any space into a videoconference room by simply connecting a laptop running Skype:registered: for Business, Cisco WebEx:registered:, GotoMeeting:registered:, Slack:registered:, or another web conferencing or UC application.
- Connect the laptop via USB and Mercury provides enhanced audio along with a high-definition view of the whole room through the included USB camera.
- No more huddling around a laptop to interact and share content with remote participants. Connect the laptop’s HDMI output to allow the whole room to view content and camera images on the main display.
Mercury’s advanced design facilitates perfectly natural conversations with exceptional audio fidelity and pickup. Its 360° quad microphone array faithfully captures voices at every seat at the table. Its high-powered, full-range speaker produces full, rich and real sounding audio for both voice and program material. Limes Audio TrueVoice:tm: AEC technology achieves transparent full-duplex performance free of distracting echo or noise. Wideband audio codec support allows for full-spectrum, bidirectional voice communication.
Mercury’s unique sloped shape is not only attractive and unobtrusive; it’s also functional, allowing for placement at either the center or head of the table. Large or long tables can easily be accommodated by adding up to two mic pods (sold separately), which may be daisy-chained or individually home-run to the base unit. Each mic pod includes a remote mute button and indicator.
Two Mercury models are offered to accommodate different applications and budgets. The base package (CCS-UC-1 W/PS KIT) supports full SIP VoIP speakerphone, Bluetooth, and USB Audio capabilities. The video package (CCS-UC-1-AV W/PS KIT) adds capabilities for multimedia presentation and videoconferencing, and includes a USB camera. Both models come complete with all required cables and are powerable using either PoE+ or the included 100-240V universal power pack.
HD Color Touch Screen
Its extra-large, high-definition touch screen makes Mercury easy for everyone to use, whether dialing or answering calls, looking up contacts, managing the room schedule, or connecting and controlling mobile devices. The full-color user interface provides quick access and intuitive operation, and affords a consistent user experience from room to room.
Mercury integrates directly with Microsoft Exchange Server:registered: or Crestron Fusion:registered:, allowing seamless room scheduling and automation for any number of Mercury-equipped rooms. Mercury welcomes attendees to the room with a customizable on-screen confirmation of the scheduled meeting, and provides gentle notifications as the meeting progresses to show the time left and what’s scheduled next for the room. Using the touch screen calendar application, the meeting can be extended or a new meeting can be scheduled.
The Crestron PinPoint:tm: App can be used to locate and reserve any available Mercury-equipped room in the facility. As you enter the room, Mercury’s built-in PinPoint beacon detects your presence and provides personalized feedback and connection options on your mobile device, letting you instantly start your presentation. Mercury also works with Crestron room scheduling touch screens installed outside the room, all managed through Crestron Fusion.
Mercury also detects room occupancy using a patent-pending combination of motion and voice activity detection. Its built-in passive infrared detector initially senses when someone is present in front of the touch screen, and then voice activity is used to maintain the room’s occupied status as long as anyone in the room is talking. Occupancy detection provides numerous benefits, such as automating the system to power down to save energy when all parties leave, or making the room available on the calendar if no one shows up for a scheduled meeting.
Management and Security
Mercury is an enterprise-grade appliance, ideally equipped for mass deployment throughout any-sized corporate, university, medical, military, or governmental facility. Cloud-based provisioning enables complete network configuration in advance of hardware delivery, with touchless updates following installation. Devices can also be configured individually using a computer web browser. Crestron Fusion management enables monitoring and logging of room and equipment usage, as well as centralized help desk support. Advanced security features include 802.1x authentication, Active Directory credential management, LDAP directory management, SRTP, SSH, TLS, and HTTPS. Dual LAN ports allow VoIP or AirMedia traffic to be isolated on a secondary network, and 802.3at PoE+ compatibility enables Mercury to be powered through its primary LAN connection.
Summary Of Features
- Full open SIP conferencing speakerphone
- Bluetooth:registered: pairing with mobile phones
- USB connectivity for laptops running web conferencing or other software 
- High-definition USB room camera 
- AirMedia:registered: wireless BYOD presentation capability [1,2]
- HDMI:registered: input for full-motion HD video sources 
- HDMI output for room display device 
- Exceptional full-duplex audio performance
- Extremely natural 2-way wideband voice quality
- Integrated 360° quad microphone array
- High-powered full-range speaker
- Limes Audio TrueVoice:tm: AEC technology
- High-visibility mic mute indication
- Available add-on mic pods for extra coverage
- 7” (178 mm) HD color touch screen
- Consistent and intuitive user interface
- LDAP corporate directory access
- Microsoft Exchange Server:registered: integration
- Crestron Fusion:registered: and PinPoint:tm: App integration
- Built-in PinPoint beacon
- Integrated room scheduling capabilities
- Built-in PIR occupancy detector
- Persistent occupancy awareness (patent-pending)
- Customizable welcome screen on the room display 
- Cloud-based provisioning
- Web browser configuration
- Enterprise-grade security
- Dual LAN ports
- PoE+ or AC line powered 
- 100-240V universal power pack included
- CEC, IR, or RS-232 display control 
- Complete system packages